Monday, February 14, 2011

So Blessed & So Loved

Just 7 years ago to this day I made one of the biggest decisions of my life.
I made the decision to propose to Misty! I think that was one of the longest days of my life, but it was a good one.
The morning started off with one long stem red rose on her pillow with a card. As the day went on, she received several more roses. That evening as I walked to her door to pick her up for our dinner reservations, I brought her a dozen more. See that was the easy part, now the hard part, asking her father for his daughter’s hand in marriage. Since I was early she went back into her room to finish getting ready, so I slipped outside where her dad was. I had to act fast so that she didn’t expect anything. (You know I think this is probably one of the most respectful things to do, but man is it one of the hardest!)
Well he said yes, I’d give you the details but that’s between the two of us. Lol!
So I made my way back inside ready to go. See I already planned out the night with dinner and then to a pier lined in candles going out onto a lake. Sounds kind of like something you’d see on TV right, but I thought it up myself. But as we started in on our dinner reservations Mother Nature had different plans. Yes, it started raining. But I was prepared. Just beside the lake was a small cabin where inside I decided to prepare just incase of bad weather. Well, after dinner I acted like we didn't have any other plans and that we could just call it a night. But then I told her I had something else we could do. Well for about the first 5 minutes she asked where we were going. That was until I gave her a blindfold for her eyes, then she was really curious. But she just sat there as we drove along, I wonder what was going on in her head. Well we arrived at the lake and I asked her to wait in the car, that I'd be just a minute. It was still raining so I ran in to set the table. There in the middle of the table was our favorite cake, champagne glasses (no we were drinking sparkling white grape juice), lit candles with rose petals all around and another dozen roses. So with the ring in place under the table I ran back to get Misty that was still blindfolded in the car. She said she didn't peak while I was gone, but she did wonder why she heard ducks around the car. I just laughed and brought her inside. There she took off her blindfold and we enjoyed our cake and sparkling white grape juice! What was running through her mind, she could only tell you. But right there I dropped to one knee and poured my heart out to her. I’m sure my words ran all over each other but in the end she said “YES” as I asked her to marry me.
7 years later I can still see the smile on her face as I dropped to one knee and pulled out that ring.
The race home was just as fun as we went to tell her parents and then mine.
I am truly blessed to have Misty as my wife. A woman that I truly love and that truly loves me. To top that off God has blessed us with a wonderful son named Maddox and I pray that he continues to bless us as we live for Him.

Genesis 2:18, 21-24
Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.”
So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep. While the man slept, the Lord God took out one of the man’s ribs and closed up the opening. 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib, and he brought her to the man. “At last!” the man exclaimed.
“This one is bone from my bone, and flesh from my flesh!
She will be called ‘woman,’ because she was taken from ‘man.’”
This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one.

Happy Valentines Day


No comments: