Friday, February 10, 2012

Faith Like A Child

Last night Maddox was running around the living room playing with a blue balloon I gave him. He was having a blast hitting it up in the air as Mollie; our boxer, ran around him trying to get it. We hit it back n forth a couple times keeping it away from the dog but I knew it was bound to happen. Yes that's right; Mollie knocked it down and popped it.
The look on his face was of disappointment; like life had no meaning now, but that was short lived. Anger quickly took over that disappointment as he turned to Mollie to let his wrath out on her. We had to quickly stop him and let him know she was playing and didn't mean to do it.
As he sat on the floor he picked up the pieces of the busted balloon and held them in his hand staring at them. So like any loving father would do I asked him to bring it to me so I could fix it.
Misty leaned over and reminded me of some white balloons we had in top of the closet if I wanted to get one of them for him. So I snuck out a white balloon and blew it up.
"TA DA! I fixed it and made it white!"
Quickly a smile came on his face as he ran to me to get the balloon. He turned around with the balloon in his hand and hit it to Mollie.
"Whoa bud, don't hit it to Mollie, she'll pop it again!"
He turned around and said in his 3 year old voice…
"It's okay, you can make it a pink one next time!"

It amazes me the faith that a child has.
This reminded me of these two scriptures:

Mark 10:13-16
One day some parents brought their children to Jesus so he could touch and bless them. But the disciples scolded the parents for bothering him.
When Jesus saw what was happening, he was angry with his disciples. He said to them, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children. I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn’t receive the Kingdom of God like a child will never enter it.” Then he took the children in his arms and placed his hands on their heads and blessed them

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.

He asked no questions on how I turned the blue balloon into a white balloon or even how I put it back together. He just knew that dad fixed it and it was okay. We should have that kind of faith and trust when it comes to our Heavenly Father watching over us and providing for us. Yet we are determined to know the "How" and "When" for life's circumstances but those plans are in His hands.

Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

Trust in the Lord today, know that He is a Father that we can go to when we need life's problems fixed. He did created it, Im sure He knows what He is doing!

No comments: