Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Save A Place For Me

I was listening to K-Love today and heard this song and wanted to share it.
I’ve probably heard it a million times but today it stuck out.
The lyrics caught my attention, especially one of the the last lines.
“And I wanna make my home up in the sky,  Just like you did.”
How great is it to know that a loved one that has passed away is in the presence
of the Almighty God.
But also how great is it to know you have a home waiting for you.
But do all people know their destination? Have some even given it a thought?
We've been studying Faith Evangelism and have arrived at
"On Our Own, Heaven Is Impossible"
Some of the issues we will discuss tonight is how some people believe
that Heaven is automatic. How some believe that is where you go when you die.
Maybe because they're good people or haven't committed a horrible crime.
But the bible tells us that the only way to the Father is thought Jesus Christ.
John 14:6
Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.
Are we willing to share this gift of Christ with others so they may claim their home in Heaven?
John 14:2-3
There is more than enough room in my Father's home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.

Save A Place For Me – Matthew West
Don't be mad if I cry
It just hurts so bad sometimes
'Cause everyday it's sinking in
And I have to say goodbye all over again
You know I bet it feels good to have the weight of this world off your shoulders now
I'm dreaming of the day when I'm finally there with you

Save a place for me
Save a place for me
I'll be there soon
I'll be there soon
Save a place for me
Save some grace for me
I'll be there soon
I'll be there soon

I have asked the question why
But I guess the answer's for another time
So instead I'll pray with every tear
And be thankful for the time I had you here
And I wanna live my life just like you did
Make the most of my time just like you did
And I wanna make my home up in the sky
Just like you did
Oh, but until I get there
Until I get there


Matthew 6:19-21
“Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.

No comments: