Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wednesday Night Notes 3/10/11 - F.A.I.T.H.

F. A. I.
Forgiveness, Available, Impossible

On Our Own, Heaven Is Impossible
According to the Bible, it is impossible to get to heaven on our own.
As hard as we may try, some things are impossible for us to do….
Some of the impossible thing we wish we could do.
(here's some answers that I got from last night) : fly, teleport, walk on water, breath under water, and the list goes on.
Sounds like to me it's impossible to really be a superhero.
But with these impossible things, the list shows we have limitations.

So with the letter "I" reminding us of our limitations why do people assume Heaven is possible on their own power?
For example:
                   Some people believe their innocence gets them into Heaven.
                   Some believe the good deeds will get them into Heaven.
                   Some believe that Heaven is automatically the destination of everyone.
However the bible says it’s impossible for someone to go to heaven by their own effort or to stand in God’s presence by their own merit.
Why?

Because God is perfect.  He cannot allow sin or unredeemed sinners in His presence.
Sin is what separates us from God. It goes all the way back to Adam and Eve in the garden.
Reality is, because of that sin it is Impossible for us to be with God.

James 4:17
“For the person who knows to do good and doesn’t do it, it is sin.”

The Impossible Made Possible
Ephesians 2:8-9
“By grace you have been saved through faith, and this is nor from yourself; it is God’s gift – not from works, so that no one can boast.”

Because God accomplished salvation for us, we can boast only in Him, giving Him all the honor and praise.
Psalm 34:1-6
 I will praise the Lord at all times. I will constantly speak his praises.
I will boast only in the Lord; let all who are helpless take heart.
Come, let us tell of the Lord’s greatness; let us exalt his name together.
I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears.
Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces.
In my desperation I prayed, and the Lord listened; he saved me from all my troubles.


No comments: